Give Local Lancaster Business Fundraiser's Toolkit
The support of local businesses and the amplification of their support via their employees and their customers is critical to the success of Give Local Lancaster! Not only does your participation help ensure a successful celebration for our nonprofits, but your dedication to their important work will be recognized throughout Fort Lawn, Great Falls, and your Lancaster community. For Give Local Lancaster, we're offering your business an opportunity to engage your employees and customers to donate to causes they're passionate about, and in turn, bring invaluable visibility to your business.
How can I be successful in spreading philanthropy to my employees and customers? Check out the Business Toolkit below for ideas on running a successful profile. We've supplied marketing resources, communication templates, and ideas around incentives and celebrations to really engage your employees and customers in giving, and how they can further spread your message to their networks.
Interested in learning more about Give Local Lancaster and the value to your business? Contact email@example.com.
How do I run a successful profile & campaign for my business?
The number one recommendation for running a successful fundraiser for Give Local Lancaster is that you are truly celebrating and encouraging the act of philanthropy - big and small! Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas on how to encourage you employees and your customers to rally around philanthropy, and the single largest fundraiser in our community!
What incentives can I offer or celebrations can I plan to my employees or customers?
As you hit your giving day milestones or to just celebrate the giving spirit of Give Local Lancaster, plan some fun and excitement in at your business or office on November 15th. We have some ideas below, but the sky's the limit in how you can engage your employees and customers, and encourage philanthropy on Give Local Lancaster!
- Food: Cater a snack break, host a pot luck, or a dessert party to celebrate giving
- Attire: Have a casual dress day so employees can dress to represent the agency or cause they care about
- Advertise: Pass out “I Gave” stickers to employees who gave to celebrate the causes they care about
- Competition: Have a competition between departments to see who can raise the most and offer a prize
- Discounts: If you have a store front, offer a percentage off of an item if they can show they gave (Give Local Lancaster sends out a receipt to each donor for easy access on their phone!).
- Raffle: Offer a raffle, and every time a donor gives if as entry into the raffle.
- Happy Hour: Host a happy hour and invite local nonprofits and your customers to meet and mingle!
Use some of these sample communications below to start spreading the word about your business's involvement in Give Local Lancaster. When sharing on social media, make sure you're always using the official hashtag, GiveLocalLancaster to be included in the conversation!
Facebook and Twitter
Facebook is the most popular form of social media to share about participation in giving day - so make sure you're using it leading up to and on November 15th! You can use Facebook to share with employees and your customers how you're participating in Give Local Lancaster and amplifying the giving efforts.
- Announce your participation: We are excited to announce our participation in GiveLocalLancaster on November 15th! Find out why we're participating on our page here: [YOUR BUSINESS LINK] and mark your calendars for November 15th to give to your favorite nonprofit!
- If you're offering a match: Today, our business is focused on improving on community by matching all our employees' gifts made to nonprofits through GiveLocalLancaster! There are over [X] number of nonprofits participating to improve the lives of our community members. Find your cause and give today, November 15th, at https://www.givelocallancaster.org/.
- If you're offering an incentive to employees or customers: [Business name] is supporting GiveLocalLancaster on November 15th and offering a gift basket to any customer that gives today. Stop on in today after you give through https://www.givelocallancaster.org/ and show us your receipt to be eligible!
- Celebrate the success you achieved for the day: Wow. We are in awe of the generous employees and customers we have. Collectively, we were able to raise $X with X donors for the nonprofits participating in GiveLocalLancaster. We couldn't do this without all of you, and your amazing support of our community and the nonprofits you all chose to give to on Give Local Lancaster. Thank you.
Share pictures of your business, employees, and customers participating in Give Local Lancaster on Instagram. If your having a dress down day in the office, offering a raffle, or hosting (or encouraging attendance at) a virtual event, share all of these events on Instagram! Make sure you're using the hashtag so people can keep up: GiveLocalLancaster!
Social media is a great tool for spreading the word to people that follow you on social media, however, there is no substitute for a direct, targeted email to your employees, customers, or even personal network. Consider sending emails that correspond to your social media activity, as well as direct targeted asks. Here is a sample email to get you thinking on how you want to spread the word!
Subject: Help us support the nonprofits who make this community great! Join [BUSINESS NAME] for GiveLocalLancaster
On November 15th businesses and individuals across our community will come together to support our local nonprofits during the annual Give Local Lancaster celebration. We are so excited to be part of this exciting event as a business partner and fundraiser to show everyone in the community how generous our employees and customers are.
Haven’t heard about Give Local Lancaster? It is our region's 24-hour celebration supporting the causes that matter to the people of Fort Lawn, Great Falls and Lancaster County, South Carolina! [Stats about previous year results]. You can head to https://www.givelocallancaster.org/ now to learn more about this amazing giving event.
[IF OFFERING MATCH]: Your donations to local nonprofits at https://www.givelocallancaster.org/ will be amplified because we are offering bonus dollars as an incentive to give. [Describe program here i.e. dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount, lump sum to reach goal etc.]
There are so many ways to participate - spread the word about this amazing event, become a fundraiser for your favorite nonprofit, donate on November 15th. Make supporting your favorite cause unique to you!
To make sure your gift [is matched / is counted in our business's totals], follow these steps:
- Find your favorite nonprofit! Visit https://www.givelocallancaster.org/ to search hundreds of participating nonprofits in our community.
- Commit to a nonprofit. You can start donating as soon as the site opens on November 15th. Remember to select [Business Name] at checkout!
- Spread the word! Let your network know about Give Local Lancaster and who you are supporting. Use the hashtag GiveLocalLancaster to be part of the conversation.
For questions about Give Local Lancaster and how you can get involved please visit https://www.givelocallancaster.org/ or contact [Business Name].